God's Servants. The LORD's Witnesses.


This image was made from my camera roll on the YouVersion Bible app, which I recommend for Bible reading and devotionals. 

Dear Friends,

(This update comes quickly behind our last, and is more devotional in style, because I feel there is so much to share of God's moving! Please be blessed.)
We find ourselves faced with many choices, daily, in our struggle against the flesh. Some decisions that I struggle with often are:

- Waiting patiently and confidently on the Lord
- Choosing to "rejoice and be glad" in the day that God has made
- "Casting all my cares" on the Lord: for Nathaniel's health, for our finances, for making the most of our time
- Doing small things, all things, for God's glory
- Remembering that "God does not call the qualified, He qualifies the called." He knows exactly where I am in my season of growth and the responsibilities He has given me at this time. He has not made a poor decision in giving me any of the responsibilities that I have; His desire is that I fulfill them to the ability that I do have now, for His glory, and with His help.

Shared by a friend. Wonderful how the Body of Christ works together to strengthen one another.

Your struggles may be entirely different from mine. 

My home pastor's wife put this clever resource up on our church bulletin board. 

Some days I wake up feeling tired and powerless and acutely aware of my need for God's filling and  grace. Other days I wake up feeling confident and happy and less aware of my need. But this does not mean that when I perceive myself to be stronger my need for God grows lesser. The need is still there. As Benjamin and I await our baby's arrival, we are abundantly joyous. We also recognize that this little person will add a new dimension and responsibilities to our lives - but our need will not change. Our greatest responsibility will still be to keep God at the center of our lives and hearts, then each other, then our children, and so on.

This message was left to us from a visiting church team in Georgia that came to minister in Maine. 

Our younger brother wood-burned this for me and Benjamin as a wedding gift. 

Another activity we have been concentrating on together more recently is our family motto and identity. What will be the unspoken rules that we raise our children according to? What specific criteria will we filter life's options through in order to make decisions? We have been looking to Scripture for these guidelines and also digging deeper on the question, "What does it mean to serve the Lord?" One simple answer that the Lord has been impressing upon my heart lately is: to be His witnesses.
Isaiah 44:8 KJV
Isaiah 43:8 says, "You are my witnesses," declares the Lord, "and my servant whom  have chosen, that you may know and believe me and understand that I am He. Before me no god was formed, nor shall there be any after me."
We Americans may not live in a tangibly polygamist society, as the Israelites did, but all people have made a god of something. All people are spending their lives for some purpose that is justified in their minds. We still have the opportunity to be witnesses to the truth that God is the only god. That He is the only One worth chasing and spending your life on. Our lives are still testimony to the revelation of His redemption and work in this world. This is a wonderful purpose. I am proud to serve a God who showcases His glory by revealing His mercy to us, making us trophies of His grace!
Isaiah 30:18
Waiting on God is another lesson entirely. Do we remember the act of faith that it is to sit quietly sometimes and wait?

Our PRAYER requests for God's leading and blessing have not changed. There are still many un-answered questions ahead of us, especially regarding work and school. However, there are many PRAISES (always!):
1) God is showing us that we do not need to be concerned about physical and financial needs. He seems to be opening the storehouses of blessing upon us this month.
2) The new Bible-study habit we are building into our schedules is very strengthening.
3) As of this morning Benjamin has received a reply from one construction company and has an interview scheduled for Friday morning.
4) All of Benjamin's transcripts have been successfully submitted to Moody. Their decision on our application will be revealed in April.
5) We expect to meet Nathaniel in about 8 weeks now!!! I cannot wait to welcome our son home, and to welcome spring to this north country!


We are so thankful for those praying for us and for God revealing Himself to us this month through His Word and answered prayer. A special thank you to everyone that has sent us a letter, or card, or note of encouragement recently! We are blessed to know that your thoughts and prayers are with us. We also realize that many are going through hardship this month and sincerely pray that God's blessing be with you! 

Megan, 
 ~ For the McEndarfers

















Comments