Summer Prayer Update - Transitioning

Ephesians 3:17-19(KJV)
17 That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,
18 May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height;
19 And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.
Dear Praying Friends,


I am very happy to be updating you all! So much has happened.

First of all, the 2017 Class has graduated from Baptist Bible Translators Institute (https://baptisttranslators.com)! Our ceremony was lovely - with family, surrounding churches, and friends made while in Texas,  attending. It was a beautiful capping to the 9 months of spiritual and intellectual growth gained while at the school. BBTI is so special for being a doctrinally strong, but not nit-picky, place to acquire the basics for serious and fruitful missionary work. The academics are excellent, as well as the atmosphere and ministry opportunities. Please mention the school to any you know who are preparing to be missionaries. The time there is not wasted. Also, many students who were attending with me at BBTI are now making final preparations to go to the mission field. Pray for them as they minister to the Navaho, North Koreans, Liberians, Cape Verdeans, and Indians in the Amazon River Basin. 

BBTI is a one-year school so I will not be returning to Texas this fall. I have also finished all online classes for my B.A. English degree and am applying for graduation this September. 

Even better than graduating from school, has since been my engagement to Benjamin D. McEndarfer! In May, I was able to spend a week with Benjamin's family, and he proposed to me on June 2nd, after returning me to my home in New York. We are so happy to be engaged with the joy and approval of our families, but will not be getting married until next summer (2018) at the earliest. A date has not been set yet and we are seeking the Lord's wisdom and will for us as we spend this year serving the Lord and preparing for marriage while apart. 

Students from my Middler class
at Friday night Shabbat. 
Part of that service for me has been teaching at Camp Shoshanah in Keeseville, NY, for 6 weeks this summer. Camp Shoshanah is a Messianic family camp devoted to rigorous study of the Scriptures from a Jewish perspective. It is a place of great opportunity for growth and, consequently, high spiritual attack. This is my 5th year working here but my first teaching. We are in the 4th week of camp, and so far I have taught Galatians and Jonah to ages 9-12, as well as a Verse memorization class each evening to ages 9-18, and assisting with "baby rec" or game time for ages 4-8. The opportunity to lead these various classes is helping me to develop my teaching skills and I am grateful to have mature, Christian women here to mentor and support me. 

Wrapping up, these changes of graduation and engagement lead to a lot of new PRAYER REQUESTS for both me and Benjamin:

1) Please pray that the Lord would comfort us in our loneliness apart from each other this year, as well as His leading in how to best prepare for marriage and use this time while single FOR HIM. 

2) Pray that God would show me where He wants me to spend this year and for Benjamin as he begins construction classes at NMCC in Presque Isle, Maine. 

3) Please pray that my application for graduation from Thomas Edison State University would be smoothly accepted. 

4) Pray for the remaining 2 1/2 weeks at Camp Shoshanah. Both students and teachers are running low on energy. Pray that we will be strengthened and that God would guide us teachers in preparing class material that will bless the children. 

Thank you so much for praying! One of the most encouraging things about camp is the Men and Women's prayer time, starting at 4:00 every afternoon, where I know that staff and campers alike are being prayed for. This is a huge ministry that the body of Christ may be engaged in, and it is beautiful to read what the Lord is doing in your lives, and be a part of praying for you - thanks to your letters! ~ God Bless! 

Comments